Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dear Journal-A poem

We have so much available to us in the technology age. Two forms of writing I will never give up on are snail mail and journaling. There is nothing like a good venting session in your journal when there is no human ear around to listen or sending/receiving mail.

Here is a poem I wrote in and to my journal today:

Dear Journal,
I will not abandon you!
You have been too kind to me
Although technology pushes us further and further away from you
With its fancy blogs and brighlty hued emagazines
it is you I started with
I will always come back to you
From the kiddie loced variety to teh new adult leather bound
I carry you with me
Legal pads, Moleskines, and girrafe printed covers
Pink lined pages and dated headers
I wrote my goals, dreams, ambitions, recipes
Put on your pages clippings from magazines
Hashed it all out each time a boy disappointed me
Funny muses
Ideas for my next tattoo and
Ramblings about motherhood
Put you down-I never would
Dear Journal
My companino for eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment