Friday, March 30, 2012


I am LOVIIIIIING Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project."

Not only is the content outstanding, valuable, realistic...

There is great vocabulary woven throughout the book!

Nothing gets to the core of a writer's heart like encountering new vocabulary.

Words that you get "stuck" on provide opportunities for learning.

Although I have a bachelors degree in English I don't proclaim to be a literary expert.

That was the proclamation of my friends!

At any rate, I looked up the words I got stuck on so that I might never be ignorant to their definitions again in life...don't judge me for my previous lack of knowledge.

p.26 enervating: to deprive of force or strength
detritus: process of erosion, a "wearing away"
p.31 draconian: rigorous, unusually severe or cruel
fervor: great warmth and earnestness
p.32 gimcracks: showy but useless
p.63 magnanimous: generous in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty resentfulness or vindictiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment