Friday, July 15, 2011

Do Something Different!

I recently got the great idea to combine two things I love- showering and reading. I was leery at first considering the possibility of getting the beloved pages of my book soaked. I then considered how long the book had been sitting on my shelf. I had been wanting to really dig into it for over a year. It might as well not exist. And like any other writer I coaxed myself into it with the disclaimer "at least I'll have a story to tell!" Indeed I do. I loved it. I can't remember the last time I read while standing. Yes sprinkles landed on each page. And that's okay. The ink didn't run. It was a relaxing, new, and exciting experience. While you can't compare it to bungy jumping there was a thrill element present.

Another thing I sometimes do is read a book from back to front.

I challenge you to do something unique and different related to reading and writing on this week. And if your are really feeling bold try shower reading.

Q. August
Motivate.Rejuvenate.Generate.
http://www.qaugust.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment