Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Old treasures lead to new treasures

I had the pleasantry of being able to slooow down on this week. I visited a local library and took time to browse around for books I didn't necessarily need. It saddens me that the tradition of visiting libraries is dying in some areas. For me there is nothing like the stench that comes with aging of books. My eyes dart all over the place scanning the shelves and shelves of books varying by height, jacket, width, and title. It is a place of sanctity.

Above all there is writing that covers every topic, inquiry, problem, idea in the world! "There's nothing new under the sun" rings true. I found books relating to current topics in my life that had been written 20, 30, 40 years ago. It dawned on me that the road to the new treasures I desire in my life begins within the confines of these old treasures (books) at the library.

Keep libraries alive. Discover the old treasures. I challenge you to slow down and devote time to enjoy the library with no objective in mind.

Q. August
Generate. Rejuvenate. Motivate.
http://www.qaugust.com/

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way! It scares me when I see petitions circulating to keep libraries open. I am all for advancement but there is nothing like holding a book in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment Leigh Lane! Long live the library :)

    ReplyDelete